Domain Name Transfer
By Anita Sabot - Thu Dec 08, 10:47 am
If you are transferring your website from another hosting company to SabotSites.com, you may want to consider transferring your domain name as well. This will make it easy for you to pay for your website hosting account and your domain name renewal at one place and time. We can do this because Sabot Sites is always willing to prorate your hosting account to synchronize with your domain name renewal.
Please follow these instructions to ensure that your domain name transfer will NOT fail!
BEFORE REQUESTING A DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER:
- Login to your control panel at your current registrar.
- Make sure that the registrant email address that you have given to your current registrar is up-to-date. Once you start the transfer, your current registrar is going to send an email to this address asking for permission to move the domain to SabotSites.com. If the email listed there doesn’t work, you can’t respond and the transfer WILL fail.
- Make sure the domain is not locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer WILL fail.
- Make sure the privacy protection is turned off, if it is not, the transfer WILL fail.
- Retrieve the EPP Authorization key from your current registrar.
- Go to SabotSites.com to initiate transfer of your domain name at http://www.sabotsites.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&domain=register.
- On STEP 3 of the checkout process, paste the EPP Authorization key in the EPP Code box.
- Domain name transfers are a 5 to 7 day process so maker sure the domain name is not within 7 days of expiration. If it is and the domain transfer is interrupted by the domain actually expiring, the transfer WILL fail. In this case, just renew it with your current registrar and do the domain name transfer 60 days after you renew it.
- Confirm that the domain name is at least 60 days old. If it is not, the transfer WILL fail.
- If your domain name has already expired with your current registrar, confirm that the domain is no more than 30 days past the expiration date in order to proceed with a domain name transfer. If it is, just renew it with your current registrar and do the domain name transfer 60 days after you renew it.